Participant Rules & Expectations
- Each Runner / Walker is expected to complete the entire course. If they do not complete the entire course, the participant is considered a Did Not Finish (DNF). They are expected to report to the Timing Tent to inform Event Timing they are no longer on the course and did not complete the ride. This is for the safety of the participant as well as consideration to those keeping track of all participants.
- The first two miles of the course will be shared with bike riders. Please keep to the right to allow bikes to pass.
- Two State Highways will be crossed, always abide by the laws and rules of the road and/or governing land agency when appropriate.
- Headphones connected to MP3 players or similar devices that prohibit a rider’s ability to hear activity around them are not permitted.
- Absolutely no alcohol is allowed on the course. Please consider your safety as well as the safety of those around you.
- Littering is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Pack it in, pack it out.
- Thank the volunteers; the event couldn’t happen without them.
- If a participant breaks the rules or attempts to bend the rules through a “loophole,” the decision regarding appropriate course of action will be made by a board of critical thinkers and experts in the sport of mountain biking. Your actions are at their mercy.
Safety and fun are the top priority for all participants, therefore, helmets are required, and riders are expected to obey all traffic regulations. The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department and the Citizens on Patrol (COPs) will be assisting at all highway crossings. Riders under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult rider/runner/walker.