We need your cooperation on each of the following so we can RIDE. THANK YOU!
• There will be NO SPECTATORS allowed at the event
• You MUST wear a mask in the venue and if/when 6 feet social distancing is not possible, when you are not riding
• You do not need to wear a mask when you are riding
• You MUST register online in advance. In order to cut down on face to face time, there will be no same-day registration. Rider packet pick-up only on the day of the event (please be mindful of distance while you are in line)
• If you have a fever or have any Covid 19 symptoms, please do not attend
• RIDERS!!! , come prepared with proper nutrition and hydration, the two aid stations will ONLY have bottled water.
• There will be NO hand shaking, high fives, elbow bumps, hugs, etc.
About the event
Ride in The Rocks
Ride in the Rocks prides itself on being an event for the whole family. 2020 is turning out to be our year ramping up our fundraising efforts! We are nothing without our sponsors!
Mountain bikers will be challenged by our Expert and Intermediate courses. It contains all of the desert elements including rocks, sand washes, cactus, and Joshua trees. The rider will also enjoy technical portions, climbs and good stretches of down-hill. With temperatures in the 70s to 80s you will enjoy an amazing day of pristine air and clear blue skies.
For you runners, we have created the “Filthy” 15K Technical Trail Run. This new course will take you up the same “Hurl Hill” that our Expert and Intermediate riders will face. You will also enjoy sand, rocks and single track.
For those who want to give singletrack a try, but don’t want to commit to the longer routes, we have a Beginner course that let’s the rider experience a little bit of everything. We also have a 5 mile family-friendly course that participants can walk, ride, or run.
Ride in the Rocks takes place in the scenic little town of Lucerne Valley, California. We are located just 30 miles north of Big Bear Lake, and 102 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
RITR offers a variety of courses to fit every skill level. With rocks, sand and fast single track we have it all.
We are a family friendly event. Mountain bikers and runners will not be disappointed.
From cheering participants on to stuffing goodie bags, and setting up aid stations, this event would not be successful without the help of our dedicated volunteers
Plain and simple, RITR would not be possible without the support of our generous sponsors
See You Soon!
What riders are saying about this event
"I had a great day riding with so many friends and enjoyed the challenging course. The organizers had lunch available and that made it fun to hangout and talk about the ride with everyone."
"Ride in the Rocks not only raises money for a great cause, it also helps bring local mountain bikers out for a one-of-a-kind ride."
"I've ridden Ride in the Rocks five or six times now and look forward to it every year. From Hurl Hill to the single-track to the rocky wash, the trails in Lucerne Valley do not disappoint. It's obvious that the organizers and crew try hard to make sure you have a solid experience.”
“The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.” – Julie Furtado